1. Great reviews including two page spread in Sound on Sound
2. Two distinct, useful voices for loudest guitar or for vocals, horns and percussion
3. Conservatively stated SPL handling
4. A mount that lets you dial in the tone in front of the speaker cabinet
5. A three year no questions asked warranty on Naked Eye Classic
6. High output, low noise, well shielded
7. MADE IN USA
8. Open and clear sound that isn't covered by thick cloth like the others. The front sounds very much like a 121 or Fathead, but with a lower noise floor and a larger more efficient transformer, and the back has a rising response similar to the more expensive Studio Vocalist. The two sides are very different!
9. A FULL SIZE transformer made by us and firmly attached. Not a weenie transformer hanging by its wires. Massive SOLID SILVER contact blocks connect the ribbon at both ends and assures an extremely low resistance connection that will last for many years.
10. Low price but higher quality
11. Use any preamp, not just exotic high gain preamps.
12. Designed for everyday use
13. Blue-green muted sparkle finish is durable, and very nice
14. Comes in a very useful case that also holds the Monocle Mount.
15. The one I used for the shakuhachi sessions
16. A great value in a conventional "foil" ribbon microphone today
17. Beats the pants off the nearest competition at about two-thirds of the price, plus you get two mounts and True Dual Voicing.
neumann royer aea akg audio technica sony comparisons