Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Conversation with Ray

Chat InformationPlease hold as we route your chat to an Adobe Representative.
Chat InformationWelcome to Adobe.com! My name is Ray. May I assist you with your selection today?
Ray: Hello, how can I help you?
Visitor: Hi Ray, I have CS4, find I need 3D rendering now, is there an upgrade path to PS extended?
Ray: Hi. Good Morning. I'll be glad to help you with that information.
Ray: Are you referring to upgrade from Photoshop CS4 to Photoshop CS4 Extended?
Visitor: I have CS4 standard. I am confused by all the upgrade paths. In it is Photoshop CS4 standard. Now I need Extended. What should I do?
Ray: Let me check that for you.
Visitor: Thanks
Ray: Thank you for staying online.
Visitor: I have plenty of time
Ray: I have checked and see that you can upgrade to CS4 Design Premium.
Ray: Creative Suite 4 Design Premium includes: InDesign CS4, Photoshop CS4 Extended, Illustrator CS4, Flash CS4 Professional, Dreamweaver CS4, Fireworks CS4 and Acrobat 9 Pro.
Ray: This suite has Photoshop CS4 Extended in it.
Visitor: Is that my only option? I see that if I had CS3 I could up to PS 4 Extended. How much does this cost?
Ray: Do you have Photoshop CS3?
Visitor: No, I have CS4
Ray: You can upgrade from Photoshop CS, CS2 or CS3 to Photoshop CS4 for US $199.
Ray: You can upgrade from Photoshop CS, CS2 or CS3 to Photoshop CS4 Extended for US $349.
Ray: You can upgrade from Photoshop CS3 Extended to Photoshop CS4 Extended for US $349.
Visitor: I already have CS4, and want to upgrade to CS4 Extended. I need 3D now, business is really slow
Ray: I'm sorry, there is no upgrade path from Photoshop CS4 to Photoshop CS4 Extended.
Ray: You will have to go for the full version of Photoshop CS4 Extended.
Visitor: ...But there is from CS3 - illogical, don't you think?
Ray: Well, this the upgrade path that is defined by Adobe.
Visitor: It makes no sense. If I had an old version, I can, but not the new one
Ray: I understand that, however you can upgrade from Photoshop CS, CS2 or CS3 to Photoshop CS4 for US $199.
Visitor: I already have CS4, and I think perhaps you do not understand what I am asking, as I have said that three times now. Are you sure I cannot up from Photoshop CS4 to Photoshop CS4 extended, but I CAN from Photoshop CS3? It's on your website. I think something is wrong.
Ray: I understand your issue. You can upgrade from Photoshop CS3 to Photoshp CS4 Extended for $349.
Ray: Would you like to place the order for it now?
Visitor: Ha ha surely you are joking. I have Photoshop CS4, no CS3, so I am stuck, right?
Ray: Well, I'm sorry there is no upgrade path from Photoshop CS4 to Photoshop CS4 Extended, however another option would be to upgrade to CS4 Design Premium for $1,399.
Ray: You can also go for the full version of Photoshop CS4 Extended which is priced at $999.
Visitor: Good god Ray, we are running in circles. Thanks for your time, but what you are saying seems to make no sense at all to me. I would have to get a downgrade to CS3 to upgrade to CS4 Extended. I doubt that is correct. Why would you penalize recent customers like that? Once again, thanks for your time! http://microphonium.blogspot.com

1 comment:

alex said...

I wish this sorta thing inspired cries of, "I don't believe it!"

Alas, we've all experienced similar...